View Single Post
Old 2006-10-23, 19:41   Link #219
Cal-Reflector

Seen on anime, the events of this episode are presented even more powerfully than the manga (which is excellent, by the way).

All moral considerations aside, this is an episode that strikes deep and leaves a lasting impression, powerful and executed perfectly. All the characters and their lines, the Twins, Balalaika, and Rock, all come together terrifically.

An excellent episode, which forces the viewer to watch it unfold in fascinated horror, at the tragedy children turned killers and killed in turn, the weariness and resignation of victims and executioners, the anxiety and desperation of those who cling to the hope that the world is not without a shred of decency, even for the Twins.

Hats off to episode 15, I think, even with what I know is to come in the future plot, that this will be the most memorable episode of the series.

Edit: Some random musings

I would've really liked to know what sort of feelings Balalaika (let us assume that she has human feelings, for a moment) was experiencing when she had her head in her hands and muttered to Gretel to stop crying. Its safe to say that the entire episode with the Twins was one which made her most weary of her lifestyle: To have subordinates be mutilated by kids, then listen to the child cry as it bled to death, leg blown through and hand shot off, red blood and human tears.

Yes, that's just the way things is, and people like Dutch and Balalaika have accepted it as truth ("Just business" is an excellent way of coping with the cruleness of reality and operating in the world), but this affair with the Twins has made everyone reflect; ie, their rampage and death has to varying extent affected each character's callous, Rock the most and Revy the least.

I think I'll write a fanfic.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-10-23 at 19:57.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote