View Single Post
Old 2007-01-05, 16:25   Link #58
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

A perfect 10 wouldn't do this episode justice, it deserves three times that score, in other words, a class beyond its own. But as my choices are limited, a perfect 10 it is.

Poor Ayu. LOL It's a pity they didn't show her instant reaction like they did with Makoto's. And I was so looking forward to her crying and going "Uguu~". Good thing they made up for that later by having poor Ayu comment on how "unique" the jam was.

Spoiler for Known victims of Akiko's Jam, in chronological order:

Mai doesn't reveal it, but she shows extreme cunning in winning shiritori everytime by adding a -san to every animal name.

Even when she's realized this wouldn't go too far......

Mai: Kirin-san
Yuuichi: ......
Mai: Kirin
Yuuichi: It still ends with an "n"!!!
LOL

My understanding for Sayuri's sad backstory about her late brother has increased even more. In the visual novel, it was largely texts with only two CGs, the rest was up to imagination, so it was great to see chibi-Sayuri even more.

The invisible demons sure were more ruthless than how I perceived them in the novel, I never thought they would leave Sayuri in such a bloody mess. It's amazing Sayuri survived.

Mai's breakdown near the end, what else is there to say? It was greatly done. Yuuichi grew in stature once again for sharing Mai's burden and comforting her. It was a good touch to make Yuuichi the one to decide to "end everything tonight" instead of Mai in the visual novel.

Spoiler for next episode: