View Single Post
Old 2009-08-19, 15:27   Link #266
gwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no need for Beatrice to "hallucinate", since she was weave whatever she wants (i.e: witches battle etc).
However, Bern stated several times in red that Kinzo was Natsuhi's delusion.
Well as I said, I do not doubt that Natsuhi was the one who's having illusions, based on the context and red texts (perhaps even contexts should not be trusted). What I'm saying is that all scenes are depicted from *someone's* perspective and we don't always know who. For instance if Battler is in a scene, he can either be the observer of that scene or he is in fact the observed (or hallucinated). This usually makes no difference but in Umineko it does. Thus my guess is that all scenes in the game are real. There's no lie anywhere, including the magic scenes. Even those scenes can be explained as narrated from perspectives of people who really believe in magic. To him or her, those scenes are just as *real*. The advantage is that it offers a simple and uniform model to understand the game world. And Ryukishi can make use of this narration method to cause some real confusions. It is easy to mislead the reader into believing some scenes are narrated from a particular person's angle (such as showing that person first) when it is in fact not.