View Single Post
Old 2017-11-05, 05:04   Link #1327
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
As Bernie leading the party to it ruin, it's the corporate democrate than are clearly in charge and they have remplaced many of his supporters with member of ''identity group'' they want Bernie around to leach out some of his popularity and nothing else.

And as '' the only people who actually get shit done in this party'' (which I guess than you are talking about the Hilarry wing). the only shit they have done is selling out to big donors, moving the party more toward GOP's position and losing election.
Sorry, I fail to see how this new generation of Democrats has any spine or stomach to get any sort of legislative achievement done. I don't like everything that Nancy Pelosi has done by any means, but she has fucking SPINE and an ability to get people in line that this Bernie wing does not seem to comprehend.

Democrats have a messaging problem and a lack of awareness of what caused so many middle America voters to flip from Obama to Trump. That's the good thing that Bernie initially revealed about this election, but Bernie lost the primary by a substantial vote total that nothing you guys keep picking at can explain away with. His backed candidates also continue to lose elections again supposed "corporate" democrats.

Maybe you should understand that your vision for the country is not as popular as you might think in the Democratic voting base since it's a very coastal white liberal world view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This little provision is actually quite useful to make sure a similar version of Donald Trump doesn't get the nomination from the Democratic party.
You're absolutely correct, and that is its intended purpose. It also the quickest way to spurn the voting base into the idea of "elites" rigging the election to their preferred choice because they know better than the average joe, effectively crippling the general election efforts. I have a tough time seeing party elites going against the voter's choice in the end these days. Look how spineless people like Paul Ryan have been in this Trump era because they'll do literally ANYTHING to get tax cuts even if it's a Faustian bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Careful, your bias is showing really bad.

Or maybe it'll be Hillary cronies who can't stop smearing crap all over the place that ruin the party. Last I heard, "shut up, fall in line, and be thankful that I let you" isn't a very good way to garner support.
I'm not exactly trying to be impartial here...

Explain to me how Elizabeth Warren making an outrageous claim using Donna B's very unsubstantiated revisionist story that the DNC primary was "rigged" is at all helpful to our election challenges?

It has never been the case, nor will it ever be the case that party insiders will have no vested interest in the future or direction of a political party. That is not abnormal and we should not act like it is abnormal. Republican insiders didn't want Trump either. He just happened to win because they could not get together behind any particular candidate to oppose him in a unified manner, yet we don't all our time talking about that since he won!

Stop making excuses for Bernie's loss. That substantial vote difference was caused by more than just sympathetic Clinton staffers at the DNC.

--------

But anyhow, the distraction here is successful for Trump because guess what? Donna B and the Berniecrats are getting exactly what they wanted as illustrated in this thread which is more dumb controversy and whining instead of an actual focus on objectives the party can come together on and support. Bernie has already significantly shifted a lot of DNC positions to more extreme positions (Many who don't appeal to regular Democrat voters like me mind you). Everyday you guys sound increasingly like Bannonites who are out to destroy the party establishment.