View Single Post
Old 2014-12-23, 17:13   Link #102
Darthtabby

Since Tempest35 posted a bit on the last episode, I think I will continue this into the New Year, at least for a few episodes. We're getting close to the really memorable parts of the series so perhaps activity will pick up a bit.

Also, yes, I know I'm a bit late starting discussion on this episode. I got a bit busy and forgot about it.

Episode 13: "Night of the Tamayura"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Magazine Interview with Masakazu Ohara
This is one of the more romantic episodes in My-HiME, but the melodrama we spark here is relevant throughout the series, as the problems the characters face in romance foreshadow what’s going to happen to them later on.
This is a bit of a slow episode prior to the big shocker at the end, but it touches on a lot of character subplots. Of particular note in my mind is the scene where Tate gives his old practice sword a few swings before giving up in frustration as he realizes how futile what he's doing is -I wouldn't take some of what he says in that scene at face value, but I consider it a good scene if you want to understand his character.

There is a lot of lampshade hanging at the beginning of this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori
Love at 16 can only happen when you're 16, after all.
Is that really the kind of advice a teacher should be giving?

I was amused by Chie and Aoi's well meaning meddling. Have I noted how much I like those two?

And of course, there's that ending. You can really see the shock on everyone's faces in the aftermath of that bridge being simply obliterated. Except for some reason they don't show Reito's face.

Speaking of Reito, I'm not a particularly big fan of the DVD specials for the series, but since he's such an enigma his DVD special is kind of useful. It hints at why he's so interested in Mai.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote