View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 01:50   Link #165
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolks View Post
But if you want the BEST example of a tsundere that I've seen, in both realism and likability it would have to be Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate. For those that feel that tsunderes don't exist, after seeing Kurisu you might be more inclined to find that there are people like that. She is probably my favorite tsundere. Her tsun side is comical yet stems from a realistic cause, and her dere side just makes her tsun side seem all the more endearing.
I've noticed that Kurisu seems to have rejuvenated the tsundere archetype for many after it got hijacked by bad Shana knock offs (I like Shana herself) for a few years. I had a similar moment a few years back when I played Tsugumi's route in Ever 17. Perhaps unsurprising - while Tsugumi is darker and more ornery than Kurisu, once she starts to open up a little there are moments where her and Takashi remind me a lot of Kurisu and Okabe - or rather, the other way around since I played Ever 17 first.

The titular character of Otome Youkai Zakuro is another of my favourite examples of a tsundere done right.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote