View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 03:01   Link #84
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Meat's a rare delicacy. Izumo (you guys should remember this name) made the entire England from scratch (from Ep1 Livecast); "naturally", there's no domestic stocks there.
This reminded me of a bit of real life history; Iceland is just a barren rock when it was first settled. In ordered to create farmland, the settlers had to make their own soil. They drag seaweed from the ocean, wash and dry them, then mash them into paste in order to make dirt.

Really, life finds a way.
(Edit: Not actually sure if it was Iceland or somewhere else, but it was something I saw in a documentary.)
Quote:
This is also the reason why they all went ARGH when they saw sashimi (Hassan's cooking's awesome, but they're just so so so so sick of seafood). Howard ate both plates at the end if you care (Ő‿Ő✿). It's war effort and it's good business.
Though in the novels wasn't it because the curry mixed with cold fish was deliberately disgusting? (That's why no one from Musashi was eating.) They even had three more dishes that were even more worrying, apparently.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-08-03 at 03:33.