Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-07, 18:38   Link #3296
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thing is, I'm not sure the databooks were written by Togashi himself. Especially considering it's Togashi (the guy barely works on his own manga, so on an entire databook?). That's why I said they were not reliable. HxH aside, I recall quite a few databooks contradicting manga facts.
Even so, In the manga (which I hope you agree was written by Togashi) When Pitou refers to himself he use "Boku" which as I've said is a masculine pronoun.

Spoiler:

Here is the covor for the guidebook where it clearly shows Togashi's name. So unless you have a source proving it was ghost written, I'am going to assume it was written by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This only applies to the manga anyway. It's possible Madhouse decided to make Pitou female for whatever reason, in which case CR is not to blame. There have been a few traps in this series but never one with actual breasts. It's not like Pitou's gender even matters. It doesn't affect the plot in any way.
Yeah I'am starting to lean towards the anime version of Pitou being a female. And I agree Pitou's gender doesn't matter which is why I'am confused why people insist on trying to debate the fact that he's male.

There are two reasons why I'am trying to prove that Pitou's male.

1. It bugs me that people are so willing to defy word of god, and it makes me think I won't be able to have a deep discussion with these people if they can so readily ignore what the author says.

2. This whole "issue" has even affect the wiki, which a lot of new fans will use to get their information from.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote