View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 01:49   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can tolerate 8 and 7 marks but I totally can't accept 9 and 10 especially when people themselves admit that show has flows and that novel did this or that better.

Before you SAO fans will start to scream at me, shouting "Fuck you, SAO still has high rating." let me ask you one thing... do you know why?
Think about it... how many so called haters have given this show 1 or 2? I'm for most part hater but I tried to be reasonable and gave it 5. Imagine that all of us were to lower our marks to 1 and 2... How big will be this difference?

It will fall, I guarantee you that. So before calling us names think, it is thanks to us that this show is holding the high score, not only you.

Besides shows have to be criticized otherwise we would have thousands of works with perfect mark and then no one could call fanfics bad.
I think you're placing a bit too much stock in arbitrary numbers that really don't mean anything, and the pointless debates that surround these meaningless valuations. The show is highly-rated because it's generally liked. It's not either either because "critics are trying to be reasonable" or because "fanboys are inflating the score and not being honest about the flaws". It all averages out.

There's a difference between "recognizing a flaw" and finding that the flaw hurts your own personal experience. I mean, every piece of entertainment has flaws (and trade-offs), but the issue is the impact those flaws have on you. In reading both your posts and now this review, I can recognize the things you saw in the show that annoyed you. But many of those same things just simply didn't annoy me either at all or not nearly as much (and some I consider features, not bugs). Some of them I find you're really overplaying to a great degree, and thus missing some of the other things that were more important to me. But that's different perspectives for you.

In the end, I felt your review would have been better without the whole passive-aggressive "critics vs. fanboys" dig. But it could also be that I am so damn sick of that war by now. There's nothing wrong with disliking something, nor is there anything wrong with liking it. I don't know why people spend so much effort trying to convince people that their personal opinion is Right (TM).