Thread: Licensed Bottle Fairy
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-05, 12:59   Link #10
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
June Brides

I think someone posted something in the old Bottle Fairy thread that I never got around to answering, about the significance of June Brides. Well, the Starchild Bottle Fairy site opened today (Go look around! There are cute pictures!), and it happens to have a section with Tama-chan explaining things, so I though I'd translate the explanation and post it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama-chan
In Roman mythology, the month of June is governed by the goddess of marriage, Juno. June is called "June" in English, right? That's because it was taken from the goddess Juno's name. The origin of "June brides" comes from the saying that if you get married in June, the goddess Juno will bless your marriage with happiness. In Japan, July is watched over by Jun of "I'm Jun! I'm Chousaku!" fame. Because of that, there's a saying that if you get married in July, your family will be blessed with never-ending laughter. I think if I had to choose, I'd say I want to be married in July!
I think Jun and Chousaku were some sort of stand-up comedians, but I got tired of looking through Google results for Super Robot Wars characters named after them. Tama-chan = wuv!