Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 23:57   Link #2991
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now I begin to see why Ironbeard resembles Stark. Showiness, and even has Iron in his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Interesting note on Parabellum: it's a Latin phrase that means "Prepare for War". It's the end part of a famous quote: Sic vis pacem, para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war."

Appropriate name for a battleship.

Impression I've got of Ironbeard is that he seems to be some sort of semi-deniable troubleshooter, given that he's got the independence of a privateer and firepower of a major fleet capital ship. Possibly he may even be Marika's dad? I've always thought that Gonzaemon's death was rather iffy.

...y'know, hearing Ironbeard's voice, I keep expecting him to make bodacious declarations of swords that cleave evil.

Edit: I just realised. In-universe, Marika and Grueir are playing a drinking game, taking a drink every time Chiaki-chan says "The legendary chef." XD
The Legendary Chef is the true friend of Ironbeard. A friendship where Real Men Ride Each Other. Plus I'm sure the Mysterious Gourmet has something to do with drinking games.