View Single Post
Old 2010-06-25, 23:13   Link #111
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
This anime seriously need to be remade in a full fledged plot, with at least 26 episodes. Angel Beats! has a really interesting setting and lots of potentials, but rushed pace, plot holes and confusing stuff here and there kind of ruined it.

The only enjoyable thing that I can see in the final episode is Yuxuru x Kanade scenes.

My personal biggest complaint is the lack of TK, though that's expected...
Definitely agree with this.

But despite the cons this series has, I really enjoyed it, especially the build-up to the Yuzuru x Kanade scene. Even I thought 'wtf' at him bringing everyone at peace only for both of them to be alone together but I also see how Maede left hints here and there about how this scene was built (eg. the programmer waiting for his lover and organ donating) and then bringing out part of Kanade's past at that precise moment, especially since she was now at peace finding the person, Yuzuru, who saved her as well as falling in love with him, which is why she mentioned her small hesitance at disappearing.

The most likely scenario is that Yuzuru, being the last one left, also found peace and moved on as hinted in the ED and epilogue. Only issue is his actual disappearance scene. Did he stay to become the new Angel just as Kanade did? Did he meet up with the ArchitectNPC that explained the program of the world? Or did he in a short period of time, realize that all the good he did up till now, he should be proud of, and move on?

These of some things that makes me think there might be more made for the Angel Beats project, with a few more such as other character past and there reincarnation, even though this seems unlikely, but who knows.

In any case, I enjoyed this series and the bitter sweetness of the ending and the epilogue, though this series leaves more to be desired