View Single Post
Old 2008-06-17, 13:11   Link #261
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Funny, I see it as an encouragement a big brother would provide to a little sister. Singing a song doesn't mean jack. That is hardly romantic. It is a nice moment where two persons can share what they have in their minds, but to become romantically involved is a totally different story.

"Him looking for her in the crowd in episode 1"

Give me a break, its only normal to wish someone well even if you met that person for the first time. Certainly Alto did not dwell on that feeling very long. How romantic is that?!

"Volunteering to take part in the movie to get Ranka more screen time"

He initially refused because the director also wanted him to dress up like a woman!

Seeing how the production was halted because a certain actor did not want to go underwater, getting Alto to substitute was the fastest and most efficient choice. Unless you have a better idea to get the production going without using Alto, the only male on the set to resemble the actor playing Shinn.

"Carrying her down the mountain"

What was he supposed to do? Leave her up there?
So a girl singing a song for you doesn't sound at least slightly romantic? Are you constantly living in denial. If it was only the river then you would be able to understand.

Well he did stay focused on her for awhile with that camera. He didn't have much time to dwell cause the Vajra attacked and they had to evacuate.

Yes the director wanted him to dress up but when Alto went to accept the role he had no idea about Shin incident. He got lucky because of that he didn't have to dress up as a girl but doesn't mean he wouldn't have if it called for it.

He could have waited for her to wake up before going down but even still the act of carrying a girl on your back all the way down a mountain is slightly romantic. Maybe some girls out there would at least think so.

Quote:
And what evidence do you have to support this conclusion? He already promised her that he will 'definitely' bring it back to her. Thus he did plan on visiting Sheryl, its just how and when.
If you read the message I'm quoting I'm referring to the specific time right before he leaves for the battle in EP6. Yes he did plan on visiting Sheryl eventually but that has no bearing on what I said as he planned to visit neither right before that battle in Ep6.

Quote:
Yeah, and he didn't want to. Ranka was the one who threw her arms around him. What was he supposed to do? Push her aside. This 'sensitivity' was not him taking the initiative, it was only a natural response.
As much of a natural response as it was it still him shows he understands her fear. He could have kept quiet, he could have just let her embrace him without embracing back.

Quote:
Its not her causing Alto to open up, this is just the way Alto is. The same way he interacts with Mikhail, from a negative starting point to finally encouraging him to take a shot at the end of Episode 9.

- Tak
No, Klan fixed that situation but explaining Michael's past. Without her they probably would have continued to mistrust the other. Alto doesn't open up until someone stimulates him too and then you usually have to push pass some barriers.