Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 09:43   Link #2859
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I just find it funny that of all the election footage they show, it was when Mariko beat Acchan to the point of tears. Someone in the production crew is biased, wouldn't you say, Tsubasa-san?
Actually, if we look closely, at first it appears that Tsubasa/Mariko won, but the next brief scene (around 3 seconds) presents us with Acchan onscreen and making a speech, which possibly means that Tsubasa was second (and therefore Acchan is still designated as Center Nova).

In the real-life *48 elections, the total number of votes (the voting tickets come from single CDs purchased by fans -- but some of these fans power-vote by buying dozens of singles in bulk -- this practice is even acknowledged unofficially as acceptable -- see the AKB49 manga) are first mentioned, and then the name of the girl. There are 64 spots for which the girls could take should they get voted, as the spots divided into several subgroups and sorted according to final rank (Senbatsu -- also the top 16, Undergirls, Next Girls, and Future Girls).

But in this case, the 76th and 77th generations, and possibly including the current successors, will have to duke it out for the Center Nova position, by putting themselves through the wringer and public scrutiny of galaxy-wide TV. How well they perform (and by extension, appeal to voters) would determine their ranking and possible promotion in the near future.

-----------
Merchandise: Precious Memories [AKB0048] Starter Deck (Anime Toy) -- I wonder how does it work.

-----------
Watching Nekomonogatari, I couldn't get my mind off imagining next-gen Yukirin as Tsubasa Hanekawa (cause it's Hocchan).

Last edited by sa547; 2013-01-09 at 10:21.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote