View Single Post
Old 2008-02-11, 15:19   Link #131
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I thought the animation of faces in this ep was outstanding. Nobuse's reaction to finding out Aiko liked Shin was indeed a bit amusing, but also heartbreaking. The combination was win, for me. It was an animation tour de force. And Hiromi's mournful but ironic look when she said "I said it" was a dart to the heart, especially combined with Nazuka Kaori's great voicing.

2. Yes, Ascaloth, most of the characters -- I'd say all of the characters -- have faults. And that's a good thing, generally. I have trouble sympathizing with perfect characters. Two of them do put me off a bit, however: Shin (for being such a traditional anime male emotional klutz and wussy good boy) and Nobuse (for being preternaturally self-satisfied and blind). But they are both fairly realistic, it seems to me.

3. The speculations about Jun are fascinating. Jun is fascinating. Is he in love with Noe just as a sister, or more? What did he realize when Hiromi reacted to his saying Shin and Noe were dating? Did he decide he had to seduce her to get her away from Shin? Did he see her as a kindred spirit, in love with the one she can't have? I had that feeling when they were together in the park, after he said his thing about not being able to love the thing you love. Then I would read his stroking her hair and jaw as him putting her in Noe's place in his mind, which is a beloved place. In any case, she was clearly bowled over by his masculine charm.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.