View Single Post
Old 2008-05-18, 23:58   Link #40
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's more than just that. In just about all Macross works, there's a certain amount of sexual activity, and it's almost never portrayed in a negative light. It's treated much more like a normal outgrowth of a relationship.
Not to mention people actually having kids like they're not some kind of...disease or plague.

Quote:
There's three main reasons why Leon gets a bad rap: he's sinister, he's got a hidden agenda, and he seems to push Kathy around. I think that people complain about his relationship to Kathy because it's more convenient to do so than attacking his other points.

Leon is often seen as the "final villain" because that's the kind of role one would expect his character archetype to play in most anime. I don't think that this'll be the case at all.
He's also comparatively uncool to just about everyone in the series. You'd have to strain a bit to think of any good points, while not taking them for granted.

Quote:
Yup, now go and watch Macross Plus. It won't add all that much to the Macross Frontier experience, but it's a darn good anime.
Yes, sir.

Quote:
That's completely true; and it's rather a shame that most anime suggest otherwise. I consider it a credit to the Macross franchise that sex between consenting adults is shown in a positive and healthy light.
I'm sure the temptation was there to create a survivalist "free love" movement after the first series.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote