View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 15:22   Link #324
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
So I was rewatching ep 12 and there were a couple of things about Ranka's animation that really stood out. First is her new signature pose. Absolutely hate it. It reaks of pop idolness. Too sugary, too cute, all flash no substance. The production team did a good job in establishing the pop idol side of Ranka's character, it was well done. As far as my personal taste goes, I hate it.

Buwahahaha! I couldn't agree more. In fact it just reminded me of the video game I was playing the other day called "IDOLMASTER: Live for you"

...I swear every single dance move in there (or at least 85% of them) were imbeded into Ranka's routine along with those sparkly stars that come out when doing her signature "Idol" pose.

My personal tastes are similar I suppose...I guess I like the fact that Sheryl has "edge"....there's no passion in Ranka's singing or her performances...she could actually be just another added character in the world of "IdolMaster" especially with her overall appearance.

But I guess there are some people who actually like that genre.

LOL, sorry I just had to throw this one in here...it was the height of pop cutesy idolness in Japan during 1978....I was only 4 years old at the time when this aired:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byNvCSGWvC0

Isn't it frightening that some Pop idols (specifically anime seiyuu idols) in Japan haven't progressed past this?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼