View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 18:47   Link #853
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I prefer breaking the fourth wall. "Too soon! You broke the Storyline! You can't kill Selvaria!" (Mission Failed). Of course, it would be an easter egg, since actually managing to run Selvaria over would be a hard task (she can one-shot just about anything short of Aircraft you send her way, and since the Gallian's don't get aircraft...)
aha, sounds like people might favour/resort to arty spam lol j/k

Quote:
Or, go with a fairly generic name (since I do not recall any tanks other than the Edelweiss, Lupus, and Shamrock having names [other than the flame Heavies you face], I could simply call it 'Gallian Tank,' and give the Soviet vehicles names such as 'Main Battle Tank' or 'Assault Tank.')
Thats the word! GENERIC, that's what i meant. but thats something im trying to avoid...trying to make their names meaningful and significant

Quote:
Well, the Grinder would be a 'wtf?' unit anyway. It doesn't really have a combat role, though perhaps I could let the Gallian player have one or two to fight the Lupus with. The look on Jaeger's face would be great to see.
quite

Quote:
The idea that the Shamrock's gun mods fill many roles is just what you've stated (though, the player won't be able to use Zaka's tank until post-Fouzen, the Flamethrower could find good use in anti-building and anti-personnel work, the Gatling would be AA [and highly effective], and the cannon would be useless. )
xD eh, it can be light AT...lols

Quote:
*sigh* Guess I get to recycle ripped assets from the Blitzkreig mod. Also, I'm curious as to how you've been building your sound bank (and what exactly it includes). And what will I do for generic units? I'm not about to let the player 'build' Alicia, Rosie, and Largo, so generic, faceless Gallian units will appear to fill boots in Multiplayer.
How?: ehehehehee, with rather bootleg methods
what it includes...well basically stuff you can use in an RTS, ie. selecting, move orders and attacking units, underfire - the command/status feedbacks basically

umm yah we still have that problem we are going to let the field familiar characters (they won't be hero's or anything, just a part of the squad or the squad leader in the case of a certain sergeant xD) problem arises when you have multiple squads...and well...there will be alot of headscrafs >.>
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote