Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 05:31   Link #1696
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
A while back, before this series aired, posters at MAL bashed KyoAni for adapting "Nichijou" first and saying how bad this series was, when (assuming) they haven't read it yet and they wanted the company to adapt "Little Busters!" first. I guess they can suck on it now, because this show is very awesome.

No idea about "Little Busters!" yet, its on my "Plan to Read" list.
To be honest, i have been watching fansubs since the 90s and never heard of MAL, so i have not idea who or how big they are. Little Busters is a VN, IIRC, or even an eroge, and those kind of series really only appeals to a certain type of "audience". If you look at KyoAni's track record you can find Air, Kanon and Clannad, you can see why some groups want them to handle another VN adaptation, especially little busters, because it is also another IP owned by Key.

I think KyoAni did the right thing in adapting titles like FMP!, K-ON! and Nichijou. Titles like little busters are already established and have a hard core following, a wrong move and you get crucified by the ghouls, i mean otaku. Besides I really hate VN/eroge adaptations, I mean really really hate them, no seriously hate them, every time i see one, I want to smash my screen.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote