View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 18:21   Link #3033
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I was going to say Mikono too, but so far seems that most of the connection between them is due to his mom (they met by that movie, they bond over that, she looks like his mom, she's quoting his mom's lines).
You keep saying that Amata basically has an Oedipus complex and I still see no evidence of it. They met by the movie about Apollon, Sylphie and Aquarion that also happened to be starred by Alisia (obviously this is no coincidence but that's more because of Alisia's importance). First they bond over the movie, then their perceived uselessness and whatnot - they didn't even talk a lot about the movie. We don't really know if Mikono even looks like Alisia - hair color, eye color, etc. are different, and Alisia has a slightly different face structure (as different as the character design allows for...) and in that picture Amata has of her she doesn't look anything like Mikono. Even in Zessica and Kagura's vision Mikono didn't look like Alisia she just wore the Sylphie costume that Alisia is also wearing. And she's quoting a line that Amata also knows and apparently doesn't have positive thoughts over.

Btw, in addition to what Chaos said, we also know about how his past of being left by his mother and being ostracized by other kids formed Amata's personality, we know how he felt about himself, we've seen his character develop into what he is today, etc. etc. He's basically a rounded character that can stand on his own. Kagura, not so much. Again, I'm sure he'll get some development in the second cour, but I'm not so sure about how well it's going to be executed. (I'm not a huge fan of the "suddenly: let's pity the antagonist" development, it's not easy to pull off without feeling forced or clichéd.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote