View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 18:10   Link #2107
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Magical Therapist Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 1st completed!

Alright all kidding aside, I definitely feel after my viewing of the movie that it was done pretty well, considering the material they had to work with. They did well to alleviate some of the glaring flaws of the original, but still certain flaws remain.

However, due to the time constraints of the movie, many of those flaws could not be corrected, such as the situation with the family. So I won't pick on that.

There were two things that once again disappointed me though, and that was how Precia never got a last stand of any sorts, and how Chrono was once again pushed to the aside with basically none of his abilities shown (Though they gave him a little more in the scene where he stopped Nanoha and Fate from fighting).

Oh well. I always wanted Chrono to have a more integral role in this series, but that's a lost cause. Just like how I always wanted Yuuno to have more of a role. I think it's obvious at this point that they hate guys in Nanoha universe.

The most disappointing thing about the movie though was definitely Precia not getting her last stand. It feels like a waste to have such a powerful antagonist never to get her last moments. Oh well.

I rate this movie an 8.5/10.