View Single Post
Old 2006-09-30, 22:13   Link #62
chucky
Always impatient

Well, the anime is prolly the highlight of this fall(?) and no matter how dissapointed a lot of people were by the manga, it is almost like a must-watch. I think it is very unfair to pass judgment of the anime based on the blunders in the manga. But I really doubt they have the authority to change the story at hand.

I think we can ask good and interesting questions about adaption: we have some good ones about mushishi the movie(!) but adaptation from manga to movie is very different from to anime. In most of the cases people are looking for faithfulness in anime adaptation, and that's very understandable -- but should the animators, assuming they have the right to change whatever they what, rewrite the story the way they see fit, esp after massive negative responses of manga readers indicating sort of a plot change may earn more popularity(or even aesthetically comes to a full circle)?

I think it is a tough question and have no easy answer, but again, no one can be sure where this Death Note anime will go and we will have to wait and see.