View Single Post
Old 2008-09-16, 14:09   Link #94
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Any one who chooses a firearm for its large caliber without consideration of their ability to fire it proficiently needs to reevaluate their decision and their life-view in general.
Caliber handling also has to do with strength and practicality...I single out the .40 S&W and .45 ACP because they're both manageable and practical, since a well-trained shooter can control the recoil and group close shots together pretty easily, and they're just enough for self-defense/offense against an intruder at their most...That wouldn't be the case so much with, say, a .357/.44 Magnum, or (To those that play too much CS or watched "The Matrix" too much) a .50 AE, lest you have problems with elephants and bears breaking into your house, but I don't think that'll be the case in most of America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Speaking as an outsider, I find many more freedoms in the United States worth celebrating other than its citizens' right to bear arms.
It has to do with history; We wouldn't have our other freedoms if Colonial American citizens didn't band up into a militia and successfully revolt against the British Empire, so the right to bear arms goes hand-in-hand with many of our other rights, and there's a reason why it's the 2nd Constitutional right, after the freedom of speech 1st Amendment clause...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote