Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
*me furiously STRANGLES Keroko*

()
I have that effect at times.

Usually means they're about to crumble.

Quote:
OK OK, letme put it differently. DO NOT look at the size of the beam, because it could just be eyecandy. Just take Nanoha's power level vs Reinforce I's power level....
Oh now it's eyecandy! Why is it that whenever I use 'lazy animators' as an excuse you try to logic it, but whenever I bring up the size of attacks and details surounding it, it becomes 'eye candy?'

Quote:
When it explodes, it sends a wave of magical damage. After you block that, you're safe, as shown in Reinforce I's SLB scene.
*shrug* can't really argue with that, even with my version of Magical Damage.

Quote:
*stares at Keroko*

LISTEN, you... Black Demon ... If you recall, I clearly said that the blast itself, if its not powerful, or if you're far away enough, CAN be blocked by barriers. HOWEVER, if you survive the blast (read as: you're a GENIUS at barriers) then the side effects will consume you. The side effects can be lethal! The fire, the extreme heat, the radiation, the lack of breathable air, smoke, no oxygen... all this stuff is present after a nuclear explosion, and NOT after a magical explosion.
That can all be dealt with. Refer to the airport scene where Fate's barrier protects the victims from the smoke, and gives them a fresh air suply. This means a barrier can provide and keep a stable airsuply. Keeping the heat out is only logical, as it is a defensive spell. Barriers and shields often keep out radiation, so this is a no-brainer.

Quote:
And there's proof for that! Again, Reinforce I's SLB. After the explosion, the girls were breathing normally, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the environment.
Or it could mean that the barrier kept them all nice and safe from the vacuüm that was created.

Quote:
Now, one more thing. The shield that covers you 360 degrees is not as powerful as a Round Shield that covers only one side. So, in order to survive the FIRST blast, you definitely need a Round Shield. But letme ask you, even if you're Yuuno or Arf, can you POSSIBLY set up a 360 degree shield, and/or a field defense in that SPLIT of a second just after the blast, before the fire and everything else engulfs you? In my view, that's impossible.
Arf, in episode 5, managed to recognize the danger, gather Fate and Nanoha in one spot and cast not one, not two, but three 360 degree barriers blocking a direct hit from Yami no Sho. Yami no Sho! Not some sad little nuke, but The book of Darkness!

besides, the shockwave needs time too.

Quote:
And BTW, I think that rubble is pure BS. Pure eyecandy, as in "damn, that looks powerful!"
I think Im going to start using the lazy animators again...

Quote:
But well, I did say before a few times, I do agree that SLB does a BIT of physical damage, as its shown in season 1 that it splashes water around... HOWEVER, this water thing may very well be just eyecandy as well.

Damn producers, making us argue!!
It would help if we had some erata explaining this...

Quote:
I dont remember, but fine I'll yield on this one...

Even if it has been proven or not, though, I just cant picture a barrier jacket being THIS good... but I dont mind... I'm good... Its all good...
Once again, you have to remember that a Barrier Jacket involves more then just a fancy piece of clothing. Multiple spells are involved.

Quote:
My theory is similar to yours, however, because of their contact with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, their LC awakened.
When I saw them in that barrier I was half hoping that they were just like Nanoha, having a Linker Core and huge potential and all, and were going to join the team. Still a bit different from your theory, though.

Quote:
Seriously, before this season started, I was totally expecting at least Arisa coming in like "SUP! I became a mage in secret to surprise you all... and I just passed the SSS rank test!" (j/k about the rank, btw)
I know... I would have loved to see Burning Arisa...

Quote:
Hmm hmm hmm hmm... how can I explain what I think... think they have a "mana pool" in their bodies, and the Linker Core constantly adds mana to it. Then comes Shamal and drains this mana pool, but leaves some in order to not kill the victim. The mana pool is left with just a bit of mana, and thus the owner is in "critical condition" as in "very weak". Then they just need to rest so that the Linker Core can replenish that mana pool.

That's how I view it. And you?
In my view the Linker Core is the mana pool, and when you drain it -even completely- it will just refill itself over time. Just like your energy does.

And once more, Fate was not in critical condition. That's the entire bloody point!

Oh, and I just found this quote of yours in the OC section:

Quote:
Well, I dont think we're "trying to throw in too much realism"... the thing is, all the magic damage stuff, what you hate, is just way too confusing... we're just trying to put it into perspective, comparing it to "real" damage.
See, this is another reason why I don't bother with the Magic Damage stuff, it needlesly confuses everything. It's all very simple, really:

-Magical Damage and Physical Damage are one and the same. Magical Damage merely means that the damage was dealt through a spell.

-The reason people get shot and come out without a scratch is because of the Barrier Jackets.

-The reason giant beams hit a city and everything keeps standing is because of barriers.

See? Very simple, no need to go and make everything difficult.