View Single Post
Old 2007-08-18, 22:45   Link #230
Fighter747
*Fansubber

This has been bothering me for a while, but I want to ask this:

First, presenting the facts:

1) Hanyuu and Rika, each time they loop back, the amount they have to prepare before Watanagashi grows shorter (years, months, then weeks).

2) With each Hinamizawa that was introduced(as seen in 1st season), different characters went berserk (Keiichi in Onikakushi, Rena in Tsumihoroboshi, etc.)

3) Each Hinamizawa's failed (failed is to equate the death of Rika) timeline will continue, regardless that the gas disaster happened.

4) Hayasaka and Mr. Maebara could only be affected when Rika still had power to start over a couple years earlier before Watanagashi. However, these scenarios eventually failed.

Thus leads to my question:

How is it that in Minagoroshi-hen, each character did NOT go berserk, and characters which had direct contact with Rika were also affected, despite the fact that Rika could only start over only a couple of weeks back? That means that Rika would have already missed the chances to redirect the other character's paths, or lose the ability to change important decisions that take place months or years back.