View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 12:25   Link #232
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter747 View Post
This has been bothering me for a while, but I want to ask this:

First, presenting the facts:

1) Hanyuu and Rika, each time they loop back, the amount they have to prepare before Watanagashi grows shorter (years, months, then weeks).

2) With each Hinamizawa that was introduced(as seen in 1st season), different characters went berserk (Keiichi in Onikakushi, Rena in Tsumihoroboshi, etc.)

3) Each Hinamizawa's failed (failed is to equate the death of Rika) timeline will continue, regardless that the gas disaster happened.

4) Hayasaka and Mr. Maebara could only be affected when Rika still had power to start over a couple years earlier before Watanagashi. However, these scenarios eventually failed.

Thus leads to my question:

How is it that in Minagoroshi-hen, each character did NOT go berserk, and characters which had direct contact with Rika were also affected, despite the fact that Rika could only start over only a couple of weeks back? That means that Rika would have already missed the chances to redirect the other character's paths, or lose the ability to change important decisions that take place months or years back.

Luck, and lots of it. In Minagoroshi-hen, the luck is on Rika's side when it comes to the settings of the world. One of the element of luck is some of the characters vaquely recalling things that have happened in other worlds, which Rika calls it "miracle". Of course, recalling isn't enough, as they also have to act accordingly to avoid tragerdy. The obvious way, which they have done, is talking and seeking help from others.

As we can see in most of the arcs, there are always a character that is isolated, then turns paranoid, and eventually leads to tragerdy. That is the basic pattern of Rule X.