View Single Post
Old 2007-12-04, 07:54   Link #17269
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've only finished the reply to Reiji so far, I've wasted the entire day in class lanning with my classmates. Call of Duty 4 is addicting, despite the fact that I suck. Hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas:<narrows eyes, grits teeth> Since WHEN did I ever say that I knew what was best for Hayate?

Tesla:
*sighs and activates the recording*

Arcas voice: "...it's about Hayate and what's ultimately best for HER" "...I have resolved to test the both of them" "...forcing the both of them to make their choice and COMMIT to it."

Quote:
I want her to decide that for herself! Any fool can do as they're told; it takes an ADULT to decide for themselves what's important. I want her to understand and decide what's important for HER, so that others don't have to decide for her, and she can have the kind of life you're describing. And there are times when friends and family must step in and make choices for others.

Tesla:
So you are saying Hayate can't decide for herself? Even if she has already done so?

Quote:
Example: if you knew that Grandis was an unrepentant playboy and pervert, would YOU let Hayate continue to see him, even if you knew that there was a good probability that their relationship would end badly? The right to make decisions for another is given to us when that person has proven to have a bad tendency to make self-destructive decisions. Correct me if I am mistaken, but the Wolkenritter are sworn to protect the Mistress of the Night Sky, yes? How far does that vow go? What would you do if the enemy - the one who would harm her - was Hayate?

Would you protect her from herself?
Tesla: I recall we have already done so, Arcas. And that almost went wrong on its own.

Quote:
To reiterate: I am not the authority on what's best for Hayate - I merely want HER to be the authority on what's best for her. And furthermore, sometimes we must make decisions for others, if they prove to be incapable of making good decisions for themselves
Tesla: Your actions are vastly different from your words. You say you want er to decide on her own, and yet when Hayate decides on her own, you do everything in your power to sabotage that decicion.

Quote:
Arcas: Okay, first off, Mel and I are NOT Grandis and Hayate. And keep your facts straight - it was barely a month or two before the two of us went public.

Tesla:
Keroko-kun?

Keroko-kun:
Hey, don't look at me. Last I recall their relationship was never made public during StrikerS, which makes it at least a year before they went public.

Quote:
To repeat myself: I am in NO position to tell others how to live their lives - I want others to think and decide about how to live their lives, so that they DON'T have to be dictated by others. And if you want to try and create havoc for Mel and I, go ahead - but she doesn't take too kindly to people trying to screw with her and her husband.
Tesla: And do you think Hayate apreciates you screwing around with her and her future husband? The hipocricy of your words is astounding.

Quote:
Arcas: Perhaps I am - I don't claim to be an expert on the incomes of contract mages and officers of the line. I am simply making the point that they are are going to have to compromise should they decide to marry.
Tesla: Which they will, even without you trying to tear them apart.

Quote:
Arcas: How long? Once Mel and I realized that both of us were irrevocably headed for the altar, almost none. We sat down whenever we had a private moment and talked about what we both wanted out of a marriage.

And my goal is not to force them to decide what they want NOW, but rather to realize that sooner of later, the choice must be confronted, and that it is far better to face that choice NOW, rather than later.
Tesla: Don't you see the contradiction in that one sentence? You don't want to force them to make that decicion now, and yet your goal is to have them make that decicion now. Two completely oposite meanings in one sentence! By forcing them to realize that the choice has to be made now, you are forcing them to decide now.

Quote:
Arcas: I've never heard such a more blatant mistruth in my life! I've never interfered in the lives of ALL the Aces like this! From the moment that I saw Nanoha with Yuuno, and Fate with Kha, I knew that whatever time I had as their brother was limited. I know the four of them have good, solid heads on their shoulders - that's why I've never felt the need to interfere in their lives.
Tesla: Then what possible reason do you have to mistrust Grandis? He has proven his loyalty, and concentrating on his past will not change that. In fact, it makes me wonder all the more why you do not disaprove of Kha, who did not have the most innocent of pasts himself, or Yuuno, who has been partially to blame for the Jewel Seed incident, and fully to blame for drawing a civilian of a non-administrated planet into matters pertaining magic, or us, who ignored the orders of our master and almost destroyed a planet while doing so.

Quote:
And...trying not to anger you here, but exactly how many times has Hayate needed counseling from Aurion? More than Nanoha or Fate, if my memory is working correctly. And I barely know Grandis, we all do - so there's really no proof that he's got a good head on his shoulders like you do. Hell, remember the first time he met Aurion?
Tesla: Anyone who will see the 'murderer' of his world can be expected to react that way. Do I have to remind you of Vita's reaction to people who piss her off? Or Keroko's reactions to people who harm her familly? You, however, only start to interfere when things are going uphill.

Quote:
<holds up hands> Okay, it's not the BEST comparison I've drawn in my lifetime, but my point is that Chao has no right to decide what's best for everyone else - a point Tesla makes to Arcas not three paragraphs ago.
No, she doesn't. That's what makes her the villain of the arc, and thats why she has to be stopped. It does not, however, make her the most selfish villain ever.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-04 at 11:56.