View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 23:28   Link #73
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
More party bias. If you just go for the "Democrat that can win", that doesn't make him or her a good person and competent leader. In my experience, Democrats have done a lot to explain what's wrong, but have they offered any solutions to the problem, namely the war in Iraq? No. They bitch and point fingers, but I have not seen any solutions from them that would actually work. If you've seen some, please point them out to me. But I am NOT voting for Hillary Clinton. You thought her husband was bad enough....

On the other hand, Republicans are too damn stubborn to be able to adapt to the will of the people, and/or admit fault. In Bush's case, he keeps pressing forward when more planning would be advisable. And enough of the Moody-esque "vigilance" routine. It's not working. Not that Congress was much help a few years back. After all, Congress approved of the action taken right after 9/11 without hesitation, lacking better judgement. We know that we acted too qickly, so now we have to clean up our mistakes, whether people like it or not.

As the situation goes, pulling out too quickly from Iraq would leave the country terribly destabilized, and open to who-knows-what. Terrorism, more dictators, you name it. I know people don't like it, but we have an obligation to that country to fix the mess we put them in. National Security aside, we can't just abandon them and say, "okay, we got of that guy we didn't like, now you're on your own". That's unacceptable conduct, to which I would agree with the opinion of "orderly and scheduled withdrawal, once the government is back on its feet and once again autonomous".
In order not to get completely harassed and have e-tomatoes thrown at me, I'll simply say this:

Where did you come up with the idea to add "Insanity" to your name? IMHO, you are quite down-to-earth.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote