View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 15:55   Link #22
Bornsatin

Send a message via MSN to Bornsatin
Quote:
you haven't explained what what you call "will" is, or its relationship with the Big Bang.
- You haven't explained why "value" changes as in a zero-sum game.
- The quantity of matter in the universe isn't constant.
- Your murderer isn't strong. He got caught and turned the environment that supported him into something hostile.
- Eugenism presupposes you know what it means to be strong, what it takes to come out on top. It's arrogant and stupid. A society that can build tanks and planes will beat a society of musclemen who can't use anything more elaborate than clubs, but ten thousand years ago, did we know that?
The explanation of the big bang was to explain how the universal value stays the same even if it's infinitely expanding.
The quantity of matter is constant, it is only it's relationship and expansion of space that stretches it. 6_6
My murderer didn't wish for the consequence, it was imposed on him. So he's stronger than the imposers but they outnumber him, i.e. democracy. :/ the rule of the common (often stupid) creatures who hold the majority ^__^
Eugenism isn't necessairily strength oriented.

Quote:
Well, if you have any sort of trust in our science and statistics, you will know that such "assumptions" may very well be justified. Criminal offenders are often, and often will be, repeat offenders, for many reasons. The issue is more complicated than that..
The purpose that is gained from their punishment is what I go against. Even if they were to repeat their acts, I don't see much wrong with it by my thought pattern since life elsewhere will ultimately replace it.

Quote:
I guess I've come across as abit confusing, mainly because I think the original shape of your point was confusing as well.. I don't quite know where to start. But in all I would suppose that by isolating factors to just being metaphysical and ethical in this problem, it doesn't help to answer the questions that you have because bringing in other concepts like "selfish" and "assumption" far exceed the boundaries of the metaphysical and ethical into the social and so forth.
What I've called 'selfish' is what I understand to be ethically wrong and quite often biased. : ) Since I do believe the metaphysical side of it, I don't support punishment to begin with. It becomes selfish because in death, we only think of ourselves even in thinking for others. It's not that social from the perspective this thread enlightens. Individuality is only genetic code and upbringing acting together to make us who we are, and self-centricism the value is lost. ^__^ Ironically, I'm selfishly arguing.

Quote:
Your value system is also abit weird. Wouldn't killing every single sentient living thing in the world then be something that completely ruins the value system? Since value is relative and subjective; and in a universe without subjects there would be no value.. Oh well.
It would 'eventually' ruin the value system only for it to be replaced by a different one elsewhere in the universe. Our society's unity or chaos is a miniature of the universe itself, it begins it expands and eventually it'll come to an end. Or so I believe anyway :/

I'm sorry if I couldn't satisfy your hunger for something intriguing, but it was just a thought I felt like projecting for some response. To correct myself in the process. And if you are as qualified as you say you are, this'll be more of a learning experience for me than it'll be a debate or a discussion. ^__^Touché
Bornsatin is offline   Reply With Quote