View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 16:31   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornsatin View Post
The explanation of the big bang was to explain how the universal value stays the same even if it's infinitely expanding.
The quantity of matter is constant, it is only it's relationship and expansion of space that stretches it. 6_6
So... It was a simile, rather than something to do with the actual value? Is that what you mean? And the quantity of matter in the universe isn't a constant.

And do you believe matter is the only measure of value? That if I cut you in twain, in doesn't matter, because we'll still have two halves, equal to the whole?
Quote:
My murderer didn't wish for the consequence, it was imposed on him.
That's what makes him a failure. He choose an action that ultimately had bad consequences. It means he lacked of foresight, ability, or luck.

Quote:
So he's stronger than the imposers but they outnumber him, i.e. democracy. :/ the rule of the common (often stupid) creatures who hold the majority ^__^
Murder isn't illegal only in democracies. And I don't get your point. A lone man is stronger for killing others, but if several people do it they're not? How does that work?

Quote:
Eugenism isn't necessairily strength oriented.
Not physical strength, no. But you didn't get my point: what's desirable today, what we'll naturally breed ourselves for... In ten thousand years, it may well prove largely meaningless.

Quote:
The purpose that is gained from their punishment is what I go against. Even if they were to repeat their acts, I don't see much wrong with it by my thought pattern since life elsewhere will ultimately replace it.
So I can take your money, because it won't be lost for everyone? I can kill you, because hey, new babies are born all the time?

Besides, you entirely fail to grasp the notions of choice, responsibility, and consequences. We, all of us, make choices hoping to get more good consequences than bad. If those choices include putting murderers in jail, hoping it'll be good for us, well, tough for the murderers, but they certainly can't come crying that they just chose to kill someone and since we all have free will, it's fine. By the same logic, imprisoning them is fine too.

Quote:
What I've called 'selfish' is what I understand to be ethically wrong and quite often biased. : )
What ethics are you using? Those that say that nothing matters? How can anything be wrong there?

Quote:
Since I do believe the metaphysical side of it, I don't support punishment to begin with. It becomes selfish because in death, we only think of ourselves even in thinking for others. It's not that social from the perspective this thread enlightens. Individuality is only genetic code and upbringing acting together to make us who we are, and self-centricism the value is lost. ^__^ Ironically, I'm selfishly arguing.
What the heck are you saying?
Quote:
It would 'eventually' ruin the value system only for it to be replaced by a different one elsewhere in the universe. Our society's unity or chaos is a miniature of the universe itself, it begins it expands and eventually it'll come to an end. Or so I believe anyway :/
I can't even begin to understand how your value system works.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote