View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 05:26   Link #94
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This episode obviously pales in comparison to the others drama-wise (except maybe until the very end), but there's no mistaking that I enjoyed this one more than many of the previous episodes. 9/10

Unless I'm mistaken, but that was the first time Shin confessed his feelings (to himself), and now I'm quite afraid of the Shin x Noe relationship. I've always favored Noe, but this is not how I wanted it to happen; I'm afraid Noe will be hurt later on. From my experiences with past drama/romance series, if Shin forgets about Hiromi and ends up with Noe in the end, then...well that just doesn't make sense and goes against every other series that are similar. The most probable path is for Shin to end up with Hiromi, since because Shin is dating Noe, there's a better chance Aiko will end up with Shin than Noe.

Of course, this is all analysis based on my levels of comprehension, but the chances of a guy liking a girl, goes out with another girl instead, then finally doesn't end up with a girl he likes in the beginning, are very rare. I can only think of one other anime that pulled that off, and if True Tears decided to take that path, then it must have to continue with an excellent plot with lots of precise drama. From what I've seen though, True Tears definitely has what it takes to pull this off. The only way Shin will end up with Noe now is to put some distance between them for some time then finally realizes that he likes Noe best.

And the other possibility is Hiromi. She's kinda pissed right now at everyone, so this makes it more probable that she will end up with Shin. That's how drama works. If this is the route True Tears will take, then it will have to deal with the possibility of incest and if that's an issue, or their father will reveal that they are half-related and the rest of the anime deals with that issue. I can't say I like this route much.

And of course, there's Aiko. I don't have the slightest prediction of what will happen here, but I still thinks that her ending is more probable than a Noe ending. I thought that Miyokichi was being a little bit "selfish" this episode, but who wouldn't give up without a fight? What he says to Shin at the end seems to be the director's way to handle the triangle, and I think it was done well. If that's out of the way, then Aiko has a clear path of taking action, if she can. How she will do that, I haven't the slightest idea.

Why did I write so much? That's because this episode was a pivotal turning out, or rather, it summarizes and verifies the hints the series gave us and our inferences from those hints. Every relationship in this series so far isn't a completely two sided one, and I'm looking forward to how that will be solved in the later episodes.