View Single Post
Old 2008-03-15, 14:44   Link #28
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Another wonderful episode, leaving us emotionally twisting in the wind. Saikou!

Shin is really trying to things right, but it's not easy. He and Hiromi are advancing their relationship, but he realizes that he loves Noe, too -- or at least that he likes her and owes her a lot. At this point, I just can't be sure how things are going to end: the picture book is in play. We have reached the point prophesied in ep1, and the writers could take this any direction they choose. Although ShinxHiromi is still most likely, I think.

What I'm afraid of is Noe throwing herself off the breakwater. I don't really care about the chicken.

I loved how Shin's mother had settled down and was herself again -- the self we hadn't seen before in this show, happy and hard-working.

This episode was written and storyboarded by the director, Nishimura Junji. And animation was by the Korean crew. The episode was even directed by a Korean. I don't know how his name 許 琮 would be pronounced in Korean. Can anyone tell me?

After watching Clannad 21, I think true tears has the best animation going this week.
I think Shin realizes what he has done wrong. In episode 10 he says "Hiromi will soon move out. In the end, there was nothing I could do. Not only that, but I got others involved and did nothing but hurt them".

So I think he realized that he was hurting not only Hiromi, but also Noe, Aiko, and Nobuse by being indecisive. He took a step at the end of that episode towards acting on what he wanted. I think the following episodes after episode 10 will each show some progress towards rectifying the problems that his prior indecisiveness caused. We saw some of that in episode 11 but we have 2 more episodes to resolve everything.