Thread: Feedback Tag Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-27, 08:40   Link #70
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
But, this is the problem. I would serious suggest that none of the threads in the Suggestions forum are tagged at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I posted this reply to xris's comments about the Suggestions forum.
I personally agree with SeijiSensei here If this use of the tags is not usefully providing an alternative slice through the forum's content, I am not sure what would. Aside from the use of a two loosely related words (romantic and comedy) in one tag, what specifically about tagging the suggestion forum is negative? The only argument against it I can see is that it would "pollute" the results with lots of suggestion threads, which it would. But that would be helpful IF the tags are applied to a selection of the better suggestion threads. There is duplication, as SeijiSensei says, in that forum which could be effectively "removed" by not tagging some of the threads. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
We really need to wait for Jelsoft to improve their code to allow the searching of multiple tags (as it is, a single tag limits the search so badly).
My guess, on the reason for a multi-tag search not existing, is the added complexity on how you combine each tag. Do you want threads featuring ALL the tags, ANY of the tags, or worse still, do you want to be able to say ALL threads with x, BUT not y. It could be as complex as the keyword search. As it happens, expanding it to simply "search more than one tag" is a relatively trivial change (I have a working example on a test system).
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote