View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 23:16   Link #247
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... the scene actually comes from the source material. The 4-koma Lucky*Star devoted part of a chapter presenting essentially the same material. And every instance of referring to Kona's mom is from the 4-koma series. Even most of the "dad-Kona" scenes in the series come from the 4-koma (though specific product line mentions were usually added item).

So.... if there's a weakness in the presentation, it was there in the original material. I suspect KyoAni figured this late in the series was a good place for the sequence of mom-haunting because people were attached enough to Kona-dad and Konata and they'd seen dad's flashback of his life with his wife.

Myself, I was most fond of dad fondly recalling his time dating and being married to her - more than the later ghostly sequence itself.
Me too actually. The nostalgic feel he gives to it was really the only part that I felt had any strong feeling to it. Konata didn't really give anything. Then again I've always found her to be a rather shallow character that doesn't really seem to be created for anything other then marketing interests so that's not too surprising. Soijirou was actually one of my more preferred characters, so as with Miyuki he got minimal screentime.