View Single Post
Old 2004-04-23, 09:54   Link #53
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Wow, interesting dreams. And yes, I read them all. I don't often remember mine unless I wake up in the middle. But that happened two days ago so I will share that one.

I was with some guy (I'm a girl) and we had to go and rescue a girl in a fortress on the other side of a river. I can't swim IRL (Yea I know thats bad I just never learned.) so the guy was going across alone to go and save her. There were ropes in the river like you would see in a pool with the floaties. From the shore, I was watching him swim and was in awe at how fast he was maneuvering under them and then back to the surface. But somehow the guy gets hurt and is back on the shore with me. He says he can't swim across and so it's up to me to go and save the girl.

So I start off going slowly and trying my hardest to keep my body relaxed. I wasn't worried about how exactly I was going to save her once I got there, my main concern was being able to cross the river. I move from rope to rope and when I go under one I would take a deep breath and hold on till I was resurfaced, pulling myself up with the rope.

Everything is going smoothly, and then when I go to resurface after a rope, there is a blue tarp above me. I start to panic, but my head is telling me to relax. I had just taken a deep breath, so I knew I was ok for a minute. (For some reason, I didn't think of turning back) I tore through the tarp and pulled my head through the hole and took a deep breath. But then I realized that there was another tarp! It felt like the breath I had just taken hadn't done any good even though my brain was telling me that it had been actual air. I tore through the next tarp, took a deep breath only to open my eyes and panic again at another tarp. This repeated and then at the fourth tarp, I was struggling and couldn't tear through it. I was sinking and out of air. I started thinking "This is it....I'm going to die" I wasn't so much concerned for my death, but that I wouldn't be able to go and rescue the girl.

Then I woke up and sat straight up while gasping for air. I'm sure someone could psychoanalyze that, but I tease myself and say I just need to learn how to swim. ^_~
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote