View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 01:48   Link #251
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
If Raciella is that strong, doesn't that mess up the alliances a little? We were thinking that the Ghosts would have to align with Priscilla and Isley in order to defeat Raciella and Riful. What if Raciella goes and does her own thing, and Riful has to align with Isley and Priscilla to fight Raciella? Wouldn't that be weird?
None of those are really serious variables. Assuming that Priscilla and Isley are still allied, these two can suppress Raciella. Riful wouldn't be a factor because of one of two likely occurrences, 1) she'll do as promised and kill Raciella before the two awaken if Raciella is stronger than she is or 2) Raciella will kill Riful in defense, retaliation, or pleasure.

If Raciella is weaker than Riful, then the combined strength of Priscilla and Isley will swat them still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I'm curious as to whether Raki's loyalty still lies with Clare, or if he feels he owes Priscilla. If Clare and Priscilla fight, who do you think he will choose? I'm wondering if the fact that he knows that Priscilla is already close to her limit will make him side with Clare. Even if he cares about Priscilla, he seems like the type that would try to prevent Priscilla from doing the worst.
Raki's time with Clare had been the most formative experiences of his life. In her he found a hero, his savior, and his first love (or I'm assuming it's his first love). I'm sure that the brief time he has had with Clare holds greater value in his mind than the 7 years he had spent with Priscilla looking for Clare.

Not should, but when the inevitable fight between Clare and Priscilla happens, Raki is likely to sympathize with the one loosing. That would be Priscilla by virtue of 2 things, 1) the Teresa factor in Clare that will make Priscilla piss herself and 2) the main character factor that IS Clare.

Raciella is really just another big bad introduced in order to show just how much bigger and badder either Clare or Priscilla are. It really is too bad about Raphaela. She should have just done what Rubel pegged her character for as something that she would do. Failing that, she would turn herself into one that needed exterminating. I don't think she planned things out that way. What a drag for Clare to have to deal with this garbage, as if Isley, Riful, the Org, and Priscilla weren't enough.