View Single Post
Old 2008-11-12, 22:38   Link #53
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Realistically speaking, will a terrorist have the sophostication and resources necessary to actually do something with it?

We always hear about how a terrorist might get control of these things as though it's a valid concern, but I'm skeptical. I'm not a physicist so I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure it isn't as easy as uranium + webpage on how to make a bomb = nuclear bomb. We often hear about fears of bioterrorism, which is something I think would be much easier to make a reality, but when is the last time you heard of a successful bioterrorist attack? Occasionally you hear about how anthrax is mailed to people, but that's pretty rare, half the time it seems to be a hoax, and the other half the time it isn't from a "traditional terrorist" but from some scientist who cracked.

Which isn't to say that it will never happen, but in reality the chances seem to be pretty slim. Are we to cut back progress and development simply because there's a chance that something bad might happen?
I believe in the same as you. But when it matters, it's the national public who needs to feel safe that they aren't in much or dire danger.

...scrolling down takes me time >.< (lol ^^)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote