View Single Post
Old 2008-12-04, 16:37   Link #3697
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Hmm, first I'd say he would be a lot more open about his opinions and thoughts. Look at his approach of his father. He went straight to him and said exactly what he wanted to say, no intrigues to get the truth, no attempts at manipulations or lies. I would also say he was very bold to do so in front of the entire court - IE: He didn't care what people thought about him, just as he didn't later.
Hm... I agree with that, but I think it was a bit more extreme there than usually. He was incredibly angry, after all - his mother had just been killed, his little sister crippled, and no one cared.
(Except some of his half-sibling, of course, but the only one of them he possibly thought about would be Euphie.)

Quote:
Building on this, I'd say he was much more naive as well.
Yeah, he was probably more naive, but not completely blind to the ways of the world. Otherwise, he would have become insightful more or less overnight atfer Marianne's death, and that would seem a little strange to me - even though it's understandable that he was bitter.

Quote:
I imagine he would dote on Nunally less. First, she had others taking care of her, Marianne and care takers. Second, she needed him less. Lelouch likes having someone need him, turn 7 says it straight out: "Nunally doesn't need me anymore."
Hm... I'm not sure if Lelouch likes his most important person to completely depend on him, but I agree that he loves taking care of Nunally.
Which is exactly why I think that he alway doted on her, even when there was really no need for him to constantly chase after her like a watchdog. xD

Quote:
Also, I think Schneizel saw him as his first (potential) peer. Remember, Lelouch probably wasn't fully developed intellectually as a child, and Schneizel probably saw the difference in them being more age than potential. I'm building this off Schneizel's line that Lelouch was the man he loved and feared the most, which was probably true.
I completely agree with that.
But I also really wonder how Lelouch viewed Schneizel, and how they behaved around each other.
Was Schneizel really condescending towards him, or was that just Lelouch's imagination and Schneizel being Schneizel?

Quote:
Schneizel could see through the actions and motives of almost everyone around him, and thus he had no real peer before Lelouch. We also know he didn't love or fear, say, Cornelia, and he would never compare himself to his father.
I really believe that Schneizel loved all his siblings. He just didn't get "attached" to them, and could relate best to Lelouch.
But he always seemed to enjoy flattering Cornelia and doting on Euphie, and he even gave Clovis a well meant advice bevore he went to area 11. An advice which Clovis politely refused, but still.
[I love the Sound Dramas! xD]

Quote:
An open Lelouch, trying to do good for others and take their burdens at his expense, would be Schneizel's favorite person to compare himself to, as Schneizel also tries to do things for other people, potentially at his expense.
*nods her head to that*