View Single Post
Old 2008-12-17, 20:37   Link #29
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Kallen loved only part of Lelouch. She was split between his two masks, and I think even she didn't know which one she preferred. I believe her opinion was that the perfect Lelouch would have been a few traits from both sides, but I think she also realized how that was impossible. As for what Lelouch thought of her... It's hard to say. I honestly don't think he romantically loved her. I think he cared for her more than most other people close to him (remember his reaction of her being captured), but I think his care for her was more in a friendly love kind of way. I think if he romantically loved her, he would have kissed her back when she kissed him.
This might have been true at the start of R2, but it is more or less gone by Turn 19. She's gotten over that Zero =/= Lelouch thing by that point. He's just Lelouch to her. As for the rest of that, it's confirmed that Lelouch did return her feelings in that kiss, but if you're seriously going to count it against him for denying her when he is actively trying to ruin his life... well, you get the point.

Quote:
I believe CC and Lelouch would have made the best couple, even with the gray line of love between them. They had similar morals and mindsets, and despite all of their bickering and arguing, they got along very well. Furthermore, CC is the only person who truly knows Lelouch's identity and is willing to fully accept it. Everyone else who discovers that Lelouch is Zero try to choose one identity or the other, while CC sees the two masks as one identity. I think part of my attraction for them is how they are completely honest with each other, and aren't afraid to hurt each others' feelings because they know they will always be there for each other.
*points to Turn 7 and whistles innocently*

Perhaps a bad example because of age, I know, but "always be there for each other" doesn't quite work when you remember that. The only reason C.C. even sees the two identities as one and the same is because she was there to see him create the fake one, so she knows already. Other people, gasp, have to figure this out because they don't have that luxury.

Quote:
I don't think things would work out so well if Lelouch and Kallen actually tried to have a romantic relationship. Kallen's mind just clashes with Lelouch's. She values honor, courage, and strength of an individual while he values intellect, the greater good, and the strength of a group. I think they are the kind of people that make amazingly great friends, but terrible couples.
I'm really not sure how to put this any more delicately, but this is just plain wrong. Both hate the strong oppressing the weak, both value the greater good (she obviously has no problem with him having caused that massacre or Geassing people), and both understand the need to be part of a group. You've actually described Suzaku and Lelouch, because Suzaku epitomizes the lone wolf traits you point out.

Quote:
Lelouch and Shirley would have been great together if it hadn't been for the series of events between them. They clearly loved each other, but it was a kind of forbidden love because of Lelouch being Zero. Even if she hadn't died, I just don't think she could handle being in love with Zero. Like Kallen, she might end up split between Lelouch's two masks, unable to choose. She fell in love with the Lelouch she knew at Ashford, and I'm just not sure that she would truly be able to see through the mask of Zero and appreciate the man inside.
Shirley, like Kallen, would have gotten past it, but even so it's a love that just wouldn't work. Kallen could at least deal with Lelouch's actions because she's fighting in the war. I don't think Shirley could do the same.