View Single Post
Old 2009-04-23, 01:55   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, gone a few days and, lol.............I find the current topic quite interesting though.

Well after (a lot of) thought, I decided to buy a brand-spanking new 3k PSP model back on Monday. (I've been busy having fun with the features and Crisis Core til today ) I did find a few PSP 2ks......none in a condition for which I would pay 150 for, though when I could have a fresh one for 20 more. (screen scatches, some damage, and general "ew"s) I also figured that they'd if I ever weanted to try homebrew, they'd eventually get the 3k hacked anyway, and lo and behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
The 3k model has been hacked. The first HEN (homebrew enabler) for it is (was?) supposed to be released today, and I am very impatient for it. If it doesn't come out today, it should be out very soon. It took a little working, but I got the already-released "hello world" exploit working consistently on my 3000.
Music and pics run fine and great on it without homebrew (and I can play music in the background while reading manga I copied to the memory stick), but the movie playback is indeed quite a bit limited. (although I expected as much) It won't take any of the avi or mp4s I have on my comp, but it shouldn't really be a problem when I feel like actually taking the time to look up how to get PSP-viewable avi's. When I'm done with Crisis Core. (love that game )