View Single Post
Old 2009-05-21, 12:53   Link #107
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Hell, no. I have mad respect for snipers. (Back in my army days, had the pleasure of seeing some aspects of their training. Some even bunked next door to my platoon.) Simo Hayha himself is probably the patron saint of snipers.
Glad to hear that. On this note I find it interesting that antimateriel rifles like the PTRS-41 and Boys AT rifle do not seem to be present in VC canon, if what I recall of the arsenal listing in the official strategy guide.
Anyways, musings on introducing airpower to the canon VC universe reminded me that bombers and dedicated CAS aircraft aren't the only things that would embody 'death from above' at the battlefield level... another might be an analogue of the AC-47 Spooky, packing combinations of miniguns (if I recall correctly, you do find some in one of the game's 'Red Flag' missions) and recoilless rifles or automatic cannons.
And we haven't even touched upon the possibilities presented by airborne forces... imagine, for instance, a Rat Patrol take on Squad 7 being inserted behind enemy lines by a combination of transports and towed gliders to strike a key supply dump.
On a completely silly note, I present the mental image of Welkin sporting a half-balaclava (covering everything of his face from the nose on down), laid-back attitude, and a tendency to use dodgy excuses ("Sorry I'm late Captain; I got lost on the road of life...")
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote