View Single Post
Old 2009-11-13, 18:33   Link #3199
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
No one has ever provided a rational motive for Kyrie to be a mastermind short of "she's smart." And she's hardly the only smart person on the island. George is very knowledgable. Hideyoshi and Eva seem very smart, especially together. Nanjo is well-educated (obviously) and seems very good at never letting on what he knows. What specifically makes Kyrie such an appealing suspect over these people?

And you can't really state Kanon or anyone really is incapable of being a mastermind. Crimes and murder aren't really things you can learn in school. It's entirely possible for someone to be a fiendishly clever killer despite being quite bad at most other things. Who knows? Maybe Kanon's a natural.
Kanon being the mastermind is HIGHLY unlikely - like I said he's not incredibly well educated and is obviously too impulsive with his anger (which is why he keeps getting stabbed with Wrath). The mastermind is obviously clever and can make up all these closed rooms, which seem to be nearly impossible at times. Not saying Kanon can't be a killer, but being the man behind everything going on I highly doubt it.

As far as motive something can pop up. Kyrie is still very mysterious in terms of character - we have a good taste of her personality and a small digest of her family life through Kasumi (who obviously hates her). Eva being the culprit, ESPECIALLY after Tanabata Day, just doesn't feel right to me - she's a gigantic red herring in EP 3.

Kyrie, however, is appealing because she is very smart, cunning, quick thinking (EP 4 - everyone freaking out and she goes to attack Siesta 410 with a chair) and clearly can be shrew and evil when she wants to be. Nanjo sounds more like an unwilling accomplice to me (what with his sick granddaughter).

Quote:
And did someone else have the feeling the scene when he and Jessica are trying to get their hands together while saying "I'm not a furniture anymore..."(EP 2, end of 2nd twilight), this would mean the "death" of Kanon in the room (stated in red), but the born of a "new being", the "real Kanon", using his real name. Then, he didn't really die (real death, of course), escaped the room, and later appeared at the servant's room.
ugh I hate that theory. It's such a cheap trick to get around red I mean really :| You might as well say the same thing about Shannon whose real name is Sayo.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote