View Single Post
Old 2009-11-14, 14:54   Link #4223
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You are talking as if Eva could make up that story and feed it to the public. That's not the case.

Eva didn't say a thing of what happened in Rokkenjima. This is well stated in the novel.

So anything that was disclosed to the public does not come from Eva's mouth. Even if Eva told her own story, that wouldn't be very important. What is important is how the media reported the events and it is a given they have contacted the police and other authorities.

In other words such a lie can only have happened if the authorities wanted to cover up the whole story. If the authorities didn't do such a thing then the authorities reported a disaster after finding evidences of it.

At the very least I don't think you can debunk the fact that the media reported that a disaster happened in Rokkenjima in 1986 and that it led to the death of all the Ushiromiya except Eva. Therefore you can't deny the fact that such a story was released with the confirmation from authorities.

after that it's simple logic. If at the auction it was explained that the books survived the disaster, then the general public knows that the disaster is something that could affect books and other goods.

the only point that can be discussed is the reliability of what has been reported by the authorities. If you carefully read my first post about this issue you should remember that I said this only have a 10% chance of being true.

1) It is a conspiracy theory, 98% of the times conspiracy theories are rubbish. I lower this to 90% because this is a fictional story. However nothing so far points to a conspiracy that involves police.
2) The disaster theory is hinted by the end of Ep4
3) Eva being in the Kuwadorian and waiting rescue there also hints that a disaster actually occurred
4) Supposing the police wanted to cover up the whole story. Then in that case they should have removed any kind of proof. However that doesn't really work for me. If that's the case then they should have removed all the stakes and make them disappear. Same with Maria's diary. There is also the bottle they recovered. They had plenty of time to dispose of it, and yet two years after they found it, a fisherman finds another one and they take back from the closet that first message to compare them.

I think this is enough to claim the probability that the police is covering the truth is 10% or lower.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote