Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 21:52   Link #4782
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Then the same thing will happen like that groom in NY that was sprayed with bullets by the police.
I suppose I came out sounding irresponsible in the above. I apologize. That said, please read the account of that incident one more time. I'm sure the car that ran into the police vehicle didn't have a plaque of some sort to indicate there was to-be-groom inside. I'm also sure the particular headline made the news quite sensational.

In retrospect, it was an unfortunate event without any question, however, the decision to shoot at a vehicle to neutralize the operator inside which just struck a police vehicle was made in split seconds. The police were looking for five individual who were responsible for a gunfire earlier that struck nearby homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx
This particular incident *may* be organized crime or gang related.... gangs tend to view the police as "just a bigger gang" it seems to me. It may have even been these particular officers for some reason.

I'm not jaded... this does seem like the opening to some hyperbolic crime movie than a real event.
Right now that is the general consensus which is why the event hasn't been assigned with the term "terrorism." As far as I am concerned, it is.