Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-30, 17:25   Link #4797
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Time, place, and circumstances. Interesting you would have such reservation considering you have a military background unless I'm mistaken of course.
Thats a little too easy. I don't know how it is handled in the USA but there are countries where the law enforcing people basically stay with one leg in prison and the other in their grave when it comes to the use of lethal force as a defence.
Time, place and circumstances if you cannot handle them, this profession isn't for you. There is that risk that comes with this kind of profession. No matter how good you are you might have to make a potentially fatal decission where you need to decide in a case of doubt if you just know yourself or take the risk to assume the potential attacker as relatively harmless until proven otherwise which can be a "dead end" if proven otherwise.
Imo the first choice is just about protecting yourself while the latter is about protecting people.
Now if my english was better I could make my point a little bit more refined and precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I seriously hope he isn't dead. I'm also hoping all the Law Enforcement agencies in that area and around the country will be seriously addressing the vulnerability uniformed officers expose themselves to by letting their guard down in confined public spaces such as this Coffee Shop.
So you think, they do/did not take it seriously now and before such incidents? The problem is, when you cannot let your guard down you will (on a long term) be obsessed by paranoia.