View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 10:11   Link #20243
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Damn, that's one heck of a backlog that I'll need to break. Well then...

@ Satashi's AlternateS: This is starting to get very interesting. I'm jumping on the Alt!Alicia/Alt!Nanoha ship. Hmmmm... Methinks that Alt!Alicia is actually Alt!Fate...

@ Nanya01's Day in the Life: Conspiracies abound, and it looks like Miyuki's not quite out of the woods... Well, that was an interesting second half to chapter 32, and I'd have to say that the chapter title definitely fits.

* looks at the rest of the backlog *

Huh. There's only one thing left to do.

BACKLOG BREAKER!!!

Ahem...

Right then, some time ago (last week, I believe), I posted the third chapter to my MGLN/Pride And Prejudice crossover, "It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...". Tabasco has given me his feedback on it and, as such, I rewrote most of the chapter, cutting out about 1300 words in the process. Am I happier with the re-write? Yeah, definitely. It's not exactly as humorous as I originally intended, but it's still better than the original version. Besides, by cutting out those 1300+ words, I do have material for future chapters.

Without any further delay, I present to everyone a re-write of the third chapter of:

It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...

A MGLN/Pride & Prejudice crossover

Genre: Romance/humor
Pairings: Subaru/Teana, possible Hayate/Shamal, standard pairings in P&P
Timeline: A year after StrikerS
Pre-story scenario: Hayate and Shamal decide to pay ex-Admiral Graham a visit in England. Teana is currently taking a short break from her Enforcer training and, without anything to do, decides to tag along and learn about the planet that Hayate and Nanoha are from. As for Subaru, well, 'nuff said.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Spoiler for Chapter 3, re-written:

Spoiler for A/N::
Hmmmmm, interesting changes. I like them. And hey, I don't mind seeing Subaru seem thoughtful. I always thought she had the potential for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
I'm just teasing, I'll keep going. I'm actually having fun trying to make a new romance work.
Oh, man, have I been there before. I only started with ViCia because I was tired of seeing Lutecia put in a love triangle and Vivio with OCs, and then somehow the idea of it evolved into a full fledged series with a backstory and character development!