View Single Post
Old 2009-12-24, 16:16   Link #507
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Finally got Windows 7 and for the last few days it's been pretty superior to Vista and by "superior" I simply mean it hasn't sucked much at all, but there is one thing that it still does that Vista did...On my favorite 2 media players (BSplayer & KMP player) I can't get my color controls to work at all...I can only use ffddshow which requires me to open it up everytime I want any simple change...It's very frustrating because atleast on $hitty Vista I could use Nvidia's forced color-bar option and just adjust it in a smaller window as I felt the need, but Windows 7 has done away with this option...I want to be able to use MY PLAYERS and simply be able to adjust the color to my liking...How do I do that?
A lot of problems I faced with windows seven had to do with third party software not being updated by the authors to handle windows vista and windows 7.

Especially games.

My MED dictionary software had to be patched and my samsung mobile phone software was garbage on windows 7... it simply will not run.

Samsung software was garbage anyway, especially for my Toco.

I checked samsung and they had no reply but to tell me that my usb driver was obsolete and would no longer be supported.

I sold my samsung and bought a Nokia

To tell you the truth alot of what I faced with moving to windows 7 was the software was badly programmed.

Media players are even worse.

Many will fail on windows 7... because these media players need to be updated.

However some will still work if you enable compatability mode ... such as Windows XP mode or Vista service pack 1.

Just right click on your icon and go to compatability... otherwise do what I did.

download the new version... or visit the forums of the software you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from website
News

* 1.NEW BS.Player 2.51 is available for download! December 24, 2009

Version 2.51.1020 includes:

FIXES:

* fixed problem with subtitles embedded in mkv files with new parser/renderer
* EVR aspect ratio fixes
* fixed problem with EVR in full screen mode, some areas was not completely black
* under Vista and Windows 7 some decoders couldn't be added in 'Filter management', fixed
* local codec system fixes (codec reinstall required)
* fixed problem with power savings options (monitor powering down) on laptop computers
* some other minor bug fixes

ADDITIONS:

* added option to disable embedded subtitles
* custom extension can now be added in Vista and Windows 7 (UAC prompt will be displayed)
* added second online subtitle provider getsubtitle.com
The bad programming we got away with in earlier versions of windows we cant get away with as much in windows 7. Thats just how it turned out.

Last edited by Zetsubo; 2009-12-24 at 16:28.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote