View Single Post
Old 2010-01-07, 16:29   Link #41
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
I must say DEEN really impressed me with Umineko. No other studio could take a great source material and turn it into a pure garbage as well as DEEN.
I think you mean Chiaki Kon. Only Chiaki Kon could turn both Umineko and Nodame Cantabile (the second season) into a lump of middling mediocrity, which are both considered amazing works in their original form.

In all, it would've really been a pretty good adaptation had the director not made so many questionable choices in what to extend and what to cut, chosen to put more character development in (at least in the cracks or with reactions to deaths!), and generally not made all the cuts she did make in such a choppy manner. The music direction (not the actual music, which was pretty good) was another lackluster point. Not to mention the animation, but...that's DEEN for you . Not a surprise there.

The seiyuus were really excellent a certain Siesta excluded. I hope that, if there is indeed not a second season, there's at least some sort of PS2 adaptation of the games or something that allows them to show off their serious skillz.

So, 6.5/10, rounding to 7/10.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote