Thread: Licensed Sora no Woto
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-23, 18:49   Link #1012
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Who says that moe can't be memorable?
I have nothing against the moe artstyle per se as long as there's something else to keep me interested like humour. And that humour is what draws me to watching shows like Hidamari Sketch and K-On.

The problem here with SOW is that it also tries to go beyond being a slice of life with constant tease of a more in depth setting. And in this show those two elements constantly clash with each other. Just look at what the music genre produced. 4 episodes of crappy music and military metaphors. Not to mention, the humour in this show is bland in my tastes.

Spoiler for Let's look at comedy:

Fact of the matter is I stayed on to find out what's going on because the humour for me in this show was no longer hilarious after episode 3.

Quote:
niche markets
Honestly, I'm probably the one who fits into a niche market. Since one as a fan of K-On I was interested in this for epics lols as to how this would turn into a complete rip-off of K-On. Secondly, I was also interested in war dramas *points to quote* so I expected them at first to go around acting like serious soldiers when they're not slacking off. Well, at least Meganekko Mugi takes charge when she's in a tank so that was enough to satisfy me. I was quickly trolled in episode 2 when I found out they were in peacetime and the unit is unimportant as well as lax. Though I stayed on after episode 2 because I found it humourous how they made a complete troll of the military. Afraid of rats, ghosts and owls?

How the hell do you expect to fight a freaking army with machine guns, mortars, artillery and tanks? And then I think after episode 3 or 4, I then stayed on for sake of speculah.

For the 10 percent military, I don't expect much. Just do it right in the tiniest possible way and keep it seperate from the slacking off moe.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote