View Single Post
Old 2010-03-21, 07:36   Link #56
StainGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post

Honestly though I've been trying to read the VNs. I'm a fourth of the way through episode 2 and I can't help but think that it's just... so... boring! I mean with as interesting as the anime was I thought what I missed in the VNs would be just as interesting, but instead all I'm feeling is that the VNs are horribly dragged out to the point where I'm actually forcing myself to continue. Which I don't consider a good thing.

So if someone could tell me how I could make the VNs come off more interesting to read then I would be glad to hear it. After all I know that many consider the VNs to be brillant and really well written.
I'm going to be honest and agree with you for some of the VN. I found the first half of episode 1 incredibly boring that I forced my way through it too. Towards the end it really picked up for me and then back to boring for the beginning of Episode 2. There are some tedious moments in the other episodes (I guess it depends on what you find interesting), but as a whole the VN became very enjoyable. I do think it gets a lot better.

Anime review
The VN was all round a better experience for me, but I still enjoyed the anime. There were disappointing aspects such as weak scenes and character portrayal, massive cuts etc... but being able to watch it in full animation with the voice actors and all made up for that. I don’t think it works well as a stand-alone though; I read the VN half way through the anime because I was getting confused.

Voting purely on enjoyment I’d give it an 8 or 9. Voting on quality would be a different matter so I wont bother, I liked it so that's enough =)
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote